Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Default Format Confusion

Hi,

I have a document in Word 2003 that had data pasted in from several
sources, but I cannot figure out why the indent markers on the ruler
do not match the text. When I apply a style to the problem paragraph,
it does not conform to the indents of the style - I tried Normal and
several others and the text always ends up .5" further from the margin
than is defined in the style.

I have a screenshot of the issue he
http://home.comcast.net/~reitanospa/...matproblem.jpg

Here's a rundown of the screenshot:
The insertion point is to the left of "To configure"
The paragraph is styled as Normal (as is the paragraph above it)
All non-printing characters are displayed
The indent for Normal is set at .25"
The text starts at .75" and wraps to that same point
The indent markers on the ruler are at .25" as is the setting in the
Paragraph dialog

Any ideas? I have approximately 60 pages to clean up and would rather
not copy and paste one paragraph at a time into "good" paragraphs.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

It is bizarre; I can't select anything to the left of the insertion
point and all hidden characters are displayed. I wish those indent
markers weren't wrong *shakes fist*

On May 5, 8:22 pm, Marsoupeal Marsoupeal wrote:
Reitanos wrote :

I have a document in Word 2003 that had data pasted in from several
sources, but I cannot figure out why the indent markers on the ruler
do not match the text. When I apply a style to the problem paragraph,
it does not conform to the indents of the style - I tried Normal and
several others and the text always ends up .5" further from the margin
than is defined in the style.

I might suggest showing all characters. You may well have some null
characters (characters that word has no ascii code for.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That's most weird and really only leaves a slight corruption or so it seems.
If it's not too big, would you like to email it me to see if I can find the
problem?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

: