Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Legal Users Guide

Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

As opposed to an illegal users guide?

Specifically what are you looking for?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kevin" wrote in message
Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kevin Kevin is offline

I will not be as sarcastic as you,

See
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/d...displaylang=en

Unless I copied the link incorrectly (I may have, since I am not an expert
computer user) you will find the Legal Users Guide for Word 2002. It is a
number of "Chapters" on using Word in a law office setting.

"Kevin" wrote in message
Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That was meant as humor, not sarcasm.

Have you tried downloading that file to see if the content still applies?
Sure, you'll need a different way to access the various commands, but a .5
indent is still a .5 indent regardless of how you create it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kevin" wrote in message
Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Kevin" wrote in message
I will not be as sarcastic as you,

So "Legal Users Guide" is not really the best way of expressing your
request, is it? And are you studying/qualified as a lawyer? I wouldn't want
you as MY lawyer if your English ability founders on something as simple as
this....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kevin Kevin is offline

You are correct Gordon, I should have said "Word 2007 Legal Users Guide" as
opposed to the currently existing "Word 97 Legal Users Guide"
and "Word 2002 Legal Users Guide".
I guess Legal Users Guide was far to abstract a name.

"Gordon" wrote:

"Kevin" wrote in message
I will not be as sarcastic as you,

So "Legal Users Guide" is not really the best way of expressing your
request, is it? And are you studying/qualified as a lawyer? I wouldn't want
you as MY lawyer if your English ability founders on something as simple as
this....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

A quick search on Google for "Legal Users Guide" would have told you what he
was looking for:
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...l+Users+Guide+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"Kevin" wrote in message
Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Kevin" wrote in message
I will not be as sarcastic as you,

So "Legal Users Guide" is not really the best way of expressing your
request, is it?

Personally I think his question was expressed just fine. I knew what he was
referring to and I'm sure would many of the Word MVPs would know about it
too. :-)

~Beth Melton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kevin Kevin is offline

Thank you Beth. I did that search before I and found nothing relating to
Word 2007.
That is why I posed the question. I suppose my assumption that it does not
exist is valid, I am interested if anyone knows if it may be in the Works.
The Word 2002 version was done because of the major changes from Word 97.
The changes in Word 2007 can likewise be culture shock.

"Kevin" wrote in message
Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Sorry, Kevin, I was pointing out that a quick Google search would provide
the answer to "what is the Legal Users Guide" and what you were referring
to.

In regards to your question, I have no idea if one is in the works for Word
2007 which is why I didn't try to provide you with an answer. If I don't
know I usually don't respond. That way I don't waste your time or get your
hopes up when you see a response to your question. Ideally, that's how the
newsgroups work -- if you don't have an answer then don't respond and leave
it for someone who does. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Kevin" wrote in message
Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chad Harris[_2_] Chad Harris[_2_] is offline

I don't know what books are planned, but using Donna Payne's Book Word 2003
for Law Firms has much that applies to Word 2007 that would be useful for
any law firm, law student, lawyer or *pro se trying to litigate. "craft" aka
write on the street motions or other pleadings, despite all the changes and
updates incorporated in Word 2007 including the ribbon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097...f=sip_pdp_dp_0

It seems to be out of print, but possibly if you look around on the web you
can find it. I also see some useful free help sites he

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...c=IE-SearchBox

Good luck,

CH

"Kevin" wrote in message
Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Chad,

The Word 2003 for Law Firms book (and Excel for Law Firms) are available from Donna's http://payneconsulting.com website in PDF
format.
In a recent Webinar Donna mentioned that there will be a Word 2007 version of the book 'soon' g.

There is a whitepaper on Office 2007 (no charge g) but no mention of a Word 2007 book , although there is a contact link there.
Payne Consulting announced some new versions of their tools in January, such as the Forms Assistant and speaks on benefits of
upgrading to Office 2007, so it may just be that there's not been time to update the website

An interesting 'top 10' list from Payne Consulting in PDF at
http://freewebs.com/philawinlaw/Payne's%20Top%20Office%202007%20Features%20List.pd f

==========
"Chad Harris" wrote in message ...
I don't know what books are planned, but using Donna Payne's Book Word 2003
for Law Firms has much that applies to Word 2007 that would be useful for
any law firm, law student, lawyer or *pro se trying to litigate. "craft" aka
write on the street motions or other pleadings, despite all the changes and
updates incorporated in Word 2007 including the ribbon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097...f=sip_pdp_dp_0

It seems to be out of print, but possibly if you look around on the web you
can find it. I also see some useful free help sites he

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...c=IE-SearchBox

Good luck,

CH
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Thanks Bob and Chad. :-)

I figured someone would have the answer Kevin was looking for eventually.
suspected Donna would continue doing something for those using Word in law
firms, perhaps not another Legal Users Guide, but something at least but had
no idea if anything was in the works.

Now let's just hope Kevin is still following and didn't give up on this
thread. ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kevin" wrote in message
Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'm glad to see you were still following and hopefully found the answer you
were looking for. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"Kevin" wrote in message
Thanks to all.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Now let's just hope Kevin is still following and didn't give up on this
thread. ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
donna[_2_] donna[_2_] is offline

Kevin - have you contacted Payne? They are the ones that wrote that last
several versions.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
I'm glad to see you were still following and hopefully found the answer
you were looking for. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"Kevin" wrote in message
Thanks to all.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Now let's just hope Kevin is still following and didn't give up on this
thread. ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ireina L. Reeves Ireina L. Reeves is offline

Kevin;2712659 Wrote:
Is there a Legal Users Guide for Word 2007?

If not, does anyone know if one is planned?

Microsoft provides a Legal User's Guide at the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/3pa532

I have an extensive background in I. T. within the legal industry so
let me know if you need assistance.

ILR
tsa4lawfirms.blogspot.com
www.linkedin.com/in/ilreeves

--
Ireina L. Reeves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

For those who'd like to see a Microsoft-branded URL (albeit long), it's
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...r%20Legal.docx.
Thanks for the reference.

"Ireina L. Reeves" wrote in
message ...

Legal Users Guide PA New Users 1 February 17th 08 05:19 PM
Horizontal guide JERRY[_2_] New Users 0 September 15th 07 03:21 AM
Legal Users Guide PA New Users 0 August 12th 07 05:14 PM
Where can I find a legal-size legal template with lines? wendy Microsoft Word Help 0 August 2nd 07 02:22 PM
Adding Users to protect document, can't verify users. famousbear Microsoft Word Help 2 May 13th 05 12:45 AM