Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KiwiBrian KiwiBrian is offline

Default Print margins

I am using Word 2003.
I often want to be able to copy some text from a web page and paste it into
Word.
I then select Normal, desired font size, etc.
Then I want to print it with preset margins.
I can not find any way in either Word or my Canon Pixma iP1600 where I can
set the margins permanently.
I can set them and next time they are back at the original very wide values.
Can anyone help?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

First, take a look at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CleanWebText.htm.
Then set the desired margins in the Word document (in File | Page Setup).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KiwiBrian" wrote in message ...
I am using Word 2003.
I often want to be able to copy some text from a web page and paste it
into Word.
I then select Normal, desired font size, etc.
Then I want to print it with preset margins.
I can not find any way in either Word or my Canon Pixma iP1600 where I can
set the margins permanently.
I can set them and next time they are back at the original very wide
values.
Can anyone help?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Not sure what you are asking...

Cleaning up text pasted from the Web
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

There is also a nifty little tool that sits in your systray that will paste web
text as clean text
http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"KiwiBrian" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003.
I often want to be able to copy some text from a web page and paste it into
Word.
I then select Normal, desired font size, etc.
Then I want to print it with preset margins.
I can not find any way in either Word or my Canon Pixma iP1600 where I can set
the margins permanently.
I can set them and next time they are back at the original very wide values.
Can anyone help?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Brian,

You can set a default page margin in Word 2003 in
File=Page Setup=Margins
There is a [default] button at the bottom of that dialog.

Try setting the default with a blank document open, closing Word and restarting to see if those settings stick. If not then there
could be an add-in interfering or you could have a damaged Word Normal.dot template.

=============
"KiwiBrian" wrote in message ...

I am using Word 2003.
I often want to be able to copy some text from a web page and paste it into
Word.
I then select Normal, desired font size, etc.
Then I want to print it with preset margins.
I can not find any way in either Word or my Canon Pixma iP1600 where I can
set the margins permanently.
I can set them and next time they are back at the original very wide values.
Can anyone help?
TIA
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)