Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Default Tabs keep disappearing

In Word 2003 I set the tabs and after I use the tab key once or twice the
tab marker disappears. I set tabs on the ruler and tried in the Format Tab
dialog box. Even click Set Okay but the tab marks don't stay put. What am
I missing? TIA
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that tab stops are paragraph formatting. If want to set tabs for
several existing paragraphs, you must select them first--or set the tab
stops in the appropriate paragraph style instead.

On the other hand, if you press Enter in a paragraph with tab stops, they
will be transferred to the newly created paragraph.

For more, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/SettingTabs.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stan" wrote in message ...
In Word 2003 I set the tabs and after I use the tab key once or twice the
tab marker disappears. I set tabs on the ruler and tried in the Format
Tab dialog box. Even click Set Okay but the tab marks don't stay put.

What am I missing? TIA
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Thanks for the input and the link. Don't know what happened but tabs are now
working properly. However, I will read and digest the article in case the
problem comes back.
Stan

"Stan" wrote in message ...
In Word 2003 I set the tabs and after I use the tab key once or twice the
tab marker disappears. I set tabs on the ruler and tried in the Format
Tab dialog box. Even click Set Okay but the tab marks don't stay put.

What am I missing? TIA
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Disappearing ruler Zuzana Page Layout 3 September 18th 07 02:34 PM
Changing default tabs in one paragraph changes all tabs sjnet Page Layout 1 June 6th 07 11:22 PM
disappearing cursor TREY Microsoft Word Help 0 March 13th 07 08:35 PM
Set tabs for three pages of figures and tabs remain same for all t CWD-the referee Microsoft Word Help 1 September 6th 06 05:59 PM
Disappearing bullets Brad Microsoft Word Help 1 September 12th 05 12:39 PM