Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuckmg Chuckmg is offline

Default Word 2007 Markup default

When a document is opened, 'Review Final Showing Markup' is the default.
I know how to set it to be 'Final' for a given document, but can the
default be set to 'Final' for all documents?

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Chuckmg wrote:
When a document is opened, 'Review Final Showing Markup' is the
default. I know how to set it to be 'Final' for a given document, but can
the default be set to 'Final' for all documents?

Chuck

See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1cbfc271178a01

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuckmg Chuckmg is offline

Jay,

Thanks for the link and all-inclusive answer to my question. But, along the
same line, I have 2 ancillary (maybe one) questions: (a) When the 'Track
Changes:On" is displayed in the status bar, Help says one need only click on
it to turn it on or off ... that doesn't happen; (b) when I go to Review
Changes to accept all, the 'Accept' icon is grayed out.????

Chuck

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Chuckmg wrote:
When a document is opened, 'Review Final Showing Markup' is the
default. I know how to set it to be 'Final' for a given document, but can
the default be set to 'Final' for all documents?

Chuck

See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1cbfc271178a01

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Hi Chuck,

I don't have answers for these two questions. In a correctly configured,
undamaged, and add-in-free installation of Word, these items do work as
advertised. However, Word has a lot of "moving parts" and a lot of places
for things to go wrong.

I see in a parallel thread that you've had some trouble with Normal.dotm,
although you don't say whether you repaired the existing template or
replaced it with a new one. That's one good troubleshooting step -- check
again whether Track Changes is still damaged. Another step is to disable any
add-ins, most easily by starting Word in Safe Mode by holding down the Ctrl
key, and see whether Track Changes returns to correct behavior; if so, start
removing the add-ins one at a time to see if you can identify one that's
causing the problem.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm for other
troubleshooting steps (not all related to starting Word), as well as
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm.

Chuckmg wrote:
When a document is opened, 'Review Final Showing Markup' is the
default. I know how to set it to be 'Final' for a given document,
but can the default be set to 'Final' for all documents?

Chuck

See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1cbfc271178a01

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuckmg Chuckmg is offline

Jay, followed your advice with the following results:
1. opened blank document in Word 2007 in safe mode,
2, In the blank document the problems were resolved
3. opened the document, containing all the changes ... the problems
returned. Obviously a corruped document.
4. Since documet in question was created in Word 2003, I opened it again in
Word 2003.
5. still no luck
6 opened it in Word 2003 in safe mode.
7. now I was able to accept all changes.
8. Opened the document again in Word 2007 ... everything now okay.