Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alan[_4_] Alan[_4_] is offline

Default Adding text "automatically"

I've got a docuemtn in Word 2003 SP3 that is a contract document
The doc contains fields that i want to update often, eg: Name, Address,
Phone etc when we issue the contract to different people.
Is it possible to put a sort of Cover sheet on the document that contains
all the changing bits of info, so that it automatically copies the data to
the right place?
In this, the name may be copied to 5 different places

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Yes, You need to create a TEMPLATE with a User Form that opens up when you
open a new document from the template. Once you have filled in the
information, the details will populate the document and the user form will
close.

See these FAQs for some help creating a User Form:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/index.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Alan" wrote in message
I've got a docuemtn in Word 2003 SP3 that is a contract document
The doc contains fields that i want to update often, eg: Name, Address,
Phone etc when we issue the contract to different people.
Is it possible to put a sort of Cover sheet on the document that contains
all the changing bits of info, so that it automatically copies the data to
the right place?
In this, the name may be copied to 5 different places

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

I think I understand what you're looking for. There are probably many
ways to do this, but the one I always use is to create a 2-column
table with the first column containing labels and the second
containing my variables. I then create a new style for each variable
and use the STYLEREF field (from Insert/Field) to place the variables
in the document. Once you change the data in the table, you'll have to
recalc the REF fields (you can use [Ctrl]+a followed by [F9]) to see
them update. You could do it with bookmarks and the REF field, but I
end up accidentally deleting the bookmarks