Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] COHENMARVIN@lycos.com is offline

Default Any way to prevent lines from appearing in document?

I find that when I type a line of asterixes and then hit RETURN, the
asterixes are transformed into some kind of line graphic. Not only
that, but new line graphics then start popping up as I type near the
original graphic and hit RETURN.
This is annoying. Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of those
lines?
-- Marv