Heather

Default How can I shrink a document to make it fit on one page?

How can I shrink a document to make it fit on one page? I know you can do it
Word Perfect, but I didn't know if you can do it in Word.
Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark Mark is offline

I just purchase Office 2007, the icon for "shrink-to-fit that" is on the
older versions is hard to find or nonexistent on the 2007 version. Can
someone tell me where it is? I hope Microsoft didn't forget it! I love that
feature. Thanks!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Heather wrote:
How can I shrink a document to make it fit on one page? I know you
can do it Word Perfect, but I didn't know if you can do it in Word.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It's on the ribbon when you're in Print Preview.

While you're there, you can right-click it and choose "Add to Quick Access
Toolbar".

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Heather wrote:
How can I shrink a document to make it fit on one page? I know you
can do it Word Perfect, but I didn't know if you can do it in Word.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark Mark is offline

A-ha! It was hidden because of the ribbon. It might be a good idea to change
the default to show the ribbon. I never would have figured that out and the
Help button wasn't helpful at all. Jay, you are a live-saver! Thanks for
the quick response, too! I'm impressed and very grateful.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Heather wrote:
How can I shrink a document to make it fit on one page? I know you
can do it Word Perfect, but I didn't know if you can do it in Word.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark Mark is offline

Jay, I guess to be totally clear. When I did print preview before posting my
question, I didn't notice the "Print Preview" at the top. If it was there, I
didnt notice it. I didn't realize that I needed to click on it. The only
way I realized it was a button was when I checked the box to display it below
the toolbar. It was rather confusing. Maybe the button should appear below
the toolbar as a default. Just a thought. I am quite savvy with computers
and was totally stumped on this at first.