Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pablo Suarez Pablo Suarez is offline

Default How to prevent different auto-indention for the first line of a paragraph ?

When I hit the RETURN button in Word (2003) text then the first line of a text is (currently)
always automatically indented.

How can I turn off this "feature"?

All lines should begin at the same column. This can be the first column or - alternatively -
the column of the possibly set tabulator.

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tiago Nogueira[_2_] Tiago Nogueira[_2_] is offline

Default How to prevent different auto-indention for the first line of a pa

Hi Pablo..

Go in "tools" then self-correction...
There must be what you're looking for

"Pablo Suarez" escreveu:

When I hit the RETURN button in Word (2003) text then the first line of a text is (currently)
always automatically indented.

How can I turn off this "feature"?

All lines should begin at the same column. This can be the first column or - alternatively -
the column of the possibly set tabulator.

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Richard in AZ Richard in AZ is offline

The first line indent feature is part of the Paragraph format.
Select the paragraph(s) you want to change and choose Format - Paragraph from the menu.
Change the Indentation (special) to none.

By the way, the HELP tool in Word would have given you this information.

"Tiago Nogueira" wrote in message
| Hi Pablo..
|
| Go in "tools" then self-correction...
| There must be what you're looking for
|
| "Pablo Suarez" escreveu:
|
| When I hit the RETURN button in Word (2003) text then the first line of a text is (currently)
| always automatically indented.
|
| How can I turn off this "feature"?
|
| All lines should begin at the same column. This can be the first column or - alternatively -
| the column of the possibly set tabulator.
|
| Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenM StevenM is offline

Default How to prevent different auto-indention for the first line of

"Richard in AZ" wrote: The first line indent feature is part of the
Paragraph format. Select the paragraph(s) you want to change and choose
Format - Paragraph from the menu. Change the Indentation (special) to none.

Another option would be to change the paragraph format via the style menu.
For if one always wants "Normal" (or "Body Text" or whatever) to have a first
line indent (or not have it), then it is best to go to Format - Style and
modify that style to your needs. Otherwise, if you switch the formatting via
the Paragraph format, and later revert back to "Normal" (or "Body Text" or
whatever) then your formating will not carry on and will revert back to the
way it was.

Steven Craig Miller