Maggid Maggid is offline
Junior Member

Default Margin Markers at the corners

Somehow I've got gray solid-line L-shaped markers at the margins in all four corners by default in every Word doc. I don't know what they're called or how they got there. Other than being visually annoying, they may be related to some document headers being cut off the top of the fonts in the Print View. In fact, they only show up in Print View.

I've tried changing the document grid, the margins in page layout - nothing works so far. I invite all ideas.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

"Margin marks or crop marks appear on each corner of the page when you
open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003"
See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371

Maggid wrote:
Somehow I've got gray solid-line L-shaped markers at the margins in
all four corners by default in every Word doc. I don't know what
they're called or how they got there. Other than being visually
annoying, they may be related to some document headers being cut off
the top of the fonts in the Print View. In fact, they only show up
in Print View.

I've tried changing the document grid, the margins in page layout -
nothing works so far. I invite all ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
chick2125 chick2125 is offline

Hi, I have teh same problem as Maggid. I have followed the directions from
the Microsoft Support page you posted the link to and it hasn't solved the
problem. I was slightly confused as I didn't have any Asian languages
'enabled' when I looked, just some European ones. I removed them all except
my default (English UK) but the L-markers are still there.

Do you have any other ideas or know where I could find the answer? I've
searched on the knowledge base but come up with nothing.

Thanks

Maggid wrote:
Somehow I've got gray solid-line L-shaped markers at the margins in
all four corners by default in every Word doc. I don't know what
they're called or how they got there. Other than being visually
annoying, they may be related to some document headers being cut off
the top of the fonts in the Print View. In fact, they only show up
in Print View.

I've tried changing the document grid, the margins in page layout -
nothing works so far. I invite all ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you're comfortable with editing the registry, read my post at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ab08d07f?hl=en

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Maggid wrote:
Somehow I've got gray solid-line L-shaped markers at the margins in
all four corners by default in every Word doc. I don't know what
they're called or how they got there. Other than being visually
annoying, they may be related to some document headers being cut off
the top of the fonts in the Print View. In fact, they only show up
in Print View.

I've tried changing the document grid, the margins in page layout -
nothing works so far. I invite all ideas.

enabling markers on four corners of the page but without boundarie xppuser Page Layout 4 January 31st 06 12:34 AM
How do I get rid of L shaped markers in corners of document Taffy Microsoft Word Help 2 September 2nd 05 09:22 AM
Margin Markers SamDev Page Layout 3 June 8th 05 12:02 AM
Margin Markers Tantrictara Page Layout 4 May 13th 05 01:10 AM
Markers on page corners Zhuuu New Users 3 December 4th 04 04:40 PM