Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wordspinster wordspinster is offline

Default Hidden bookmarks don't display

I am working in several old documents created in Word 2000 or 2003, using
2007. When I open the document I can see there are bookmarks left over from
whatever document was used as the original template. I click the Insert tab
on the ribbon, and select Bookmark, and not all bookmarks are displayed in
the dialog box, even though the Hidden box is selected. I have to clear and
then re-select the Hidden box to show all the bookmarks. Anybody know why?

janet
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

As far as I have experienced, that is how it works in Word 2003 and older
versions too. It seems that once you have deselected and again selected the
Hidden bookmarks check box in a document, the hidden bookmarks will remain
visible in that document.

I cannot tell why it works this way, only that it is not a new Word 2007
behaviour.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"wordspinster" wrote:

I am working in several old documents created in Word 2000 or 2003, using
2007. When I open the document I can see there are bookmarks left over from
whatever document was used as the original template. I click the Insert tab
on the ribbon, and select Bookmark, and not all bookmarks are displayed in
the dialog box, even though the Hidden box is selected. I have to clear and
then re-select the Hidden box to show all the bookmarks. Anybody know why?

janet

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think you are right, Suzanne.

I tested a little more. In Word 2003 I found that the hidden bookmarks seem
to remain visible in all documents after you have forced them to be visible
once in a Word session. When I restarted Word, I always needed to make them
visible again. In Word 2007, my hidden bookmarks were visible all the time if
Hidden bookmarks was €˜turned on. Maybe it works the opposite tomorrow€¦

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg