Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nowiamhere nowiamhere is offline

Default letterhead and follower template

I am trying to set up a letterhead and follower template in Word 2003.

I have a watermark which is common to both pages, but the header and footer
vary. The problem is not the change in the header and footer (I know that
creating a section break will allow me to create a page which does not have
to follow the format of the previous page)...the problem is that when you get
to the bottom of the second page and keep typing, the new (third page) is a
copy of the first page rather than the second.

Another problem seems to be that if you get to the bottom of the first page
and you do not need to go on to the second page - if you hit delete button to
remove the second page all of the formatting on the first page is lost.

I suspect both problems have to do with the way the template is set up -
please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need to setup a different first page header, not different odd/even
pages.
You probably don't need a section break.
The watermark will have to go in both the first and subsequent page headers.
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

nowiamhere wrote:
I am trying to set up a letterhead and follower template in Word 2003.

I have a watermark which is common to both pages, but the header and
footer vary. The problem is not the change in the header and footer
(I know that creating a section break will allow me to create a page
which does not have to follow the format of the previous page)...the
problem is that when you get to the bottom of the second page and
keep typing, the new (third page) is a copy of the first page rather
than the second.

Another problem seems to be that if you get to the bottom of the
first page and you do not need to go on to the second page - if you
hit delete button to remove the second page all of the formatting on
the first page is lost.

I suspect both problems have to do with the way the template is set
up - please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nowiamhere nowiamhere is offline

Thank you - you have saved me further hours of frustration. I would never
have thought of starting with the second page layout first, but it works
perfectly.

nowiamhere wrote:
I am trying to set up a letterhead and follower template in Word 2003.

I have a watermark which is common to both pages, but the header and
footer vary. The problem is not the change in the header and footer
(I know that creating a section break will allow me to create a page
which does not have to follow the format of the previous page)...the
problem is that when you get to the bottom of the second page and
keep typing, the new (third page) is a copy of the first page rather
than the second.

Another problem seems to be that if you get to the bottom of the
first page and you do not need to go on to the second page - if you
hit delete button to remove the second page all of the formatting on
the first page is lost.

I suspect both problems have to do with the way the template is set
up - please help!

How do I set up a follower page with different header/footer kaneeba Microsoft Word Help 1 May 8th 07 09:30 AM
Letterhead Template pam New Users 4 March 18th 06 10:21 PM
Can I automate front/follower page section breaks? FJB3012 Page Layout 2 November 10th 05 01:59 PM
How do I use my company letterhead as letterhead template in Word? FolsomResident Page Layout 1 August 20th 05 05:11 PM
How do I set up a letterhead template? DocRqst Microsoft Word Help 2 January 10th 05 04:31 PM