Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
micropood micropood is offline

Default Margins and pasting

Hi,

I use copy and paste to add doc2 to doc1. I want to automatically retain the
page formatting of doc1. Doc1's margins are 1 all around, U.S. letter; doc2's
margins are 1.25, A4. Is there a way to do this other than by reapplying the
page set up options to doc1 after pasting doc2?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert a Next Page Section Break at the end of doc1 and insert doc2 into the
new section.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"micropood" wrote in message
Hi,

I use copy and paste to add doc2 to doc1. I want to automatically retain
the
page formatting of doc1. Doc1's margins are 1 all around, U.S. letter;
doc2's
margins are 1.25, A4. Is there a way to do this other than by reapplying
the
page set up options to doc1 after pasting doc2?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
micropood micropood is offline

Thanks. Yes, I do have a section break (new page) before the point where I
paste doc2. This is only an issue because I want to have other people easily
paste their documents into doc1 and retain its formatting, and I won't be
there to help them in each and every instance. Here's where the problem crops
up:

On the page where I want people to paste doc2, I have some placeholder text
saying "replace this text with your doc2." If I select only that text and
then paste, then I retain the formatting of doc1--good! If instead I also
select the paragraph return at the end of the line and then paste, then I get
the formatting of doc2--bad!

Inspired by your suggestion, I've added another continuous section break
after the placeholder text. If I don't include that in my selection before I
paste, then I keep the formatting of doc1. Good! Does that sound like a good
solution?

Thanks!