Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Judy Judy is offline

Default Diff Margins in Header and Body

I want one margin in the header and footer then a different margin in the
body of the document, on the same page. I've tried selecting the text and
then changing the margin and then apply to this section but it doesn't work,
it changes the header too. Please help, this is driving me mad!!! Judy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Use Paragraph Indents to achieve what you are after.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Judy" wrote in message
I want one margin in the header and footer then a different margin in the
body of the document, on the same page. I've tried selecting the text and
then changing the margin and then apply to this section but it doesn't
work,
it changes the header too. Please help, this is driving me mad!!! Judy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 27 May 2008 19:46:00 -0700, Judy wrote:

I want one margin in the header and footer then a different margin in the
body of the document, on the same page. I've tried selecting the text and
then changing the margin and then apply to this section but it doesn't work,
it changes the header too. Please help, this is driving me mad!!! Judy

Instead of changing the margin, change the paragraph indents. It would be best
to modify the Header style and the Footer style to do that, but you can just put
the cursor in the header and drag the indent markers on the ruler, then repeat
in the footer.

It's also possible to "fake" a change of margins by inserting an unbordered text
box. See the "More complex letterhead" section of
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman