Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barrie barrie is offline

Default Excel data to Word table template

I have a Word 2007 template for a monthly report that includes a formatted
table. When I delete the data and try to copy and paste the updated rows and
columns from Excel 2007, it all wants to go into the top left cell. Of
course, I can copy over the data as a table but then I lose my formatting.
How should I be going about this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If this is something that you do each month, it would be worthwhile linking
the content of each cell in the Word table to the corresponding cell in
Excel.

Then all you will need to do is select the table and press F9 to update the
fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Barrie" wrote in message
news
I have a Word 2007 template for a monthly report that includes a formatted
table. When I delete the data and try to copy and paste the updated rows
and
columns from Excel 2007, it all wants to go into the top left cell. Of
course, I can copy over the data as a table but then I lose my formatting.
How should I be going about this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The alternative is to format the Excel table as you have it in Word and link
the table.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
You only have to do it once.

:-) "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If this is something that you do each month, it would be worthwhile
linking
the content of each cell in the Word table to the corresponding
cell in Excel.

Then all you will need to do is select the table and press F9 to
update the
fields.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Barrie" wrote in message
news I have a Word 2007 template for a monthly report that includes a
formatted
table. When I delete the data and try to copy and paste the
updated rows
and
columns from Excel 2007, it all wants to go into the top left
cell. Of
course, I can copy over the data as a table but then I lose my
formatting.
How should I be going about this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barrie barrie is offline

Now you tell me! :-)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The alternative is to format the Excel table as you have it in Word and link
the table.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
You only have to do it once.