Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Miss K Miss K is offline

Default header appears on "New" page

I tried to set up a header. Somehow it has been saved and everytime I open
"new" to create a new document, the header appears on the page. How can I
remove it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Open the Normal template as a document and remove the header. Save and close
the file. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Miss K" Miss wrote in message
I tried to set up a header. Somehow it has been saved and everytime I open
"new" to create a new document, the header appears on the page. How can I
remove it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Miss K" wrote in message
That did it. Thank you.

"Miss K" Miss wrote in message
I tried to set up a header. Somehow it has been saved and everytime I
open
"new" to create a new document, the header appears on the page. How
can I
remove it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Note that removing the header content will not remove the empty header
paragraph, which can cause problems with labels. This is one case where
blowing away Normal.dot may be the only solution.