Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rolyn63 rolyn63 is offline

Default How do I unhide margin rulers??

For about 2-3 weeks now, my margin rulers have been hiding from me. I've done
everything that the "Help" said to do, & even uninstalled & reinstalled the
MS Word 2002 in my computer, still did not work. So I'm now hoping that
someone will be able to help me with this. I need the typed part of the pages
to be wider & taller than what the Default gives. It is a REAL pain in the
butt to try to 'unhide' the rulers for each of the pages that I use. I REALLY
do hope that somebody knows what to do. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

A primer:

1. The vertical ruler is displayed only in Print Layout view. This setting
is on the View tab of Tools | Options.

2. The horizontal ruler can be displayed in any view.

3. If you click on View | Rulers and turn ruler display on, the horizontal
ruler (and the vertical one if you've enabled it and are in Print Layout
view) will be displayed.

4. Auto hide is in effect for rulers only if you have "Provide feedback with
animation" checked on the General tab of Tools | Options. If you do, the
ruler will be hidden until you mouse over the top/side of the screen but
*only* if you don't have Rulers checked on the View menu.