Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
newallajan newallajan is offline

Default Change numbering in from bottom page 1 to top right on pages 2, 3

I am writing a dissertation in Turabian format. I must number first pages of
each section at the bottom center and succeeding pages at the top right. Does
anyone know how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Assuming your use of the word "section" means that you've already inserted
section breaks, you just need to enable "Different first page" (File | Page
Setup | Layout) for each section (if you haven't inserted section breaks
between "sections," you'll need to).

Then use the Insert Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar to
insert a page number (centered) in the First Page Footer; do the same
(right-aligned) in the primary Header. For more on dealing with pagination
in long documents, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"newallajan" wrote in message
I am writing a dissertation in Turabian format. I must number first pages
of
each section at the bottom center and succeeding pages at the top right.
Does
anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

(1) You need to view your headers and footers (View Header and Footer).

(2) You'll need to click on the Page Setup icon and add a check mark to
"Different First Page" and then close.

(3) You'll need to show the first page footer. Click on the Show Previous
icon and toggle the Switch Between Header and Footer icon. The top left
should read: "First page footer." Inside the footer, tab once (to the middle
of the page) and add a page number by Alt+Shift+P or the insert page number
icon.

(4) Now you'll need to show the non-first page header. Click on the Show
Next icon and toggle the Switch Between Header and Footer icon. The top left
should read: "Header" Inside the header, tab twice (to the far rightside of
the page) and add a page number by Alt+Shift+P or the insert page number
icon.

(5) Close everything, you're done.

Steven Craig Miller