Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sarahg sarahg is offline

Default How do I make different headers for endnotes

I have endnotes directly following my general text. After the endotes, i have
a bibliography and an index. How do I make different headers for the endotes,
bib, and index? I have tried to do it as it is done with each new chapter
(section break =break with previous =write in new header) and Word will not
allow me to do it. I assume that it is because of the placement of the
endotes (because I need them to precede the bib and index as opposed to
appearing at the very end of all of hte material), but don't know what to do
about it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can't put a section break into "endnote space". See he
6. Text After Endnotes
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/footnotefaq.htm

Based on what you say, I would expect your biblio and index to vanish if
you switched to View | Normal/Draft. You will probably need to move them
out of "endnote space" and into the main body of the document. The page
will explain more about what I mean.