Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
anne anne is offline

Default Vertical alignment (centre) on page with WordArt or picture

When I apply vertical alignment (centre) to the page setup and insert WordArt
or a picture, the alignment interferes with the object and I can't position
it where I want. How do I stop the alignment interfering with the object?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
anne anne is offline

This does not work with File/Page Setup/Layout Tab/Page - Vertical
Alignment/Centre!

This is only a problem with vertical alignment in page setup. Normally
choosing a different wrapping style other than in-line does work, but not
with this layout.

"Anne" wrote in message
When I apply vertical alignment (centre) to the page setup and insert
WordArt
or a picture, the alignment interferes with the object and I can't
position
it where I want. How do I stop the alignment interfering with the object?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I can confirm this. Even setting the wrapping to Behind Text or the
alignment as Relative to Page doesn't help. The same is true for wrapped
pictures (and I assume also for clip art and drawings). This strikes me as a
bug, and I will report it. I'm seeing this in Word 2003 and 2007. What
version are you using?

"Anne" wrote in message
When I apply vertical alignment (centre) to the page setup and insert
WordArt
or a picture, the alignment interferes with the object and I can't
position
it where I want. How do I stop the alignment interfering with the
object?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
anne anne is offline

Hi Suzanne

I'm using Word 2003 with SP3 running on Windows XP SP2

Regards

Anne