Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bsieloff bsieloff is offline

Default Linking form text to custom properties

Greetings,

I am using Word 2003 and I want to create a form and have fields that users
will fill out and then link the fields to custom properties.

I am able to set this up but when I type anything into one of the form
fields it breaks the link to the custom field. Is there something I some
process I need to finish before this would work correctly?

Thanks for your help
-B
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bsieloff bsieloff is offline

Alright, I was able to fix the broken link issue by locking the form. Now
when I type in my data and check my custom properties it shows the linked
data that I typed in. IE: Tracking Number = 12345

But now when I upload the document into a sharepoint document library it
does not pick up the document property tags.

IE: I created a column named "Tracking Number" and when I loaded the
document it did not fill in the data. If I do this without linking to a
field in the document it works fine. (Meaning I just create a custom
property and give it a value)

Is there a way to fix this so that the linked form data in the custom
property is passed to the SharePoint document library fields when uploaded?

Thanks again
-B

"bsieloff" wrote:

Greetings,

I am using Word 2003 and I want to create a form and have fields that users
will fill out and then link the fields to custom properties.

I am able to set this up but when I type anything into one of the form
fields it breaks the link to the custom field. Is there something I some
process I need to finish before this would work correctly?

Thanks for your help
-B

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bsieloff bsieloff is offline

Resolved! I typed in all numbers on the field and I had it listed as a text
field. (I was just testing). I put ABC123 in the field and everything
worked as I though it should.