Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ArthurN ArthurN is offline

Default Printing mutliple cards per sheet

Hi,
I'd like to print small cards, four per sheet. They'd be fully formated and
alike.
First I tried to use labels for that, but they offer limited formating
options. So, now I'm trying this:
-I set page size equal to a quarter of a regular page (like A6 per letter/A4)
-Create a fully formated page (just 1 page)
-and I don't know where to go from he how do I print multiple copies of
the same page per sheet. The print menu tab has an option of printing
multiple pages per sheet scaling them to just one sheet (letter or A4), but
it wouldn't multiply the same one page. I tried setting "4 copies", but
nothing seems to work.

To achieve this I'm using ClickBook to ptint the files. But I have a feeling
the Ms Word can do it as well.
Thank you in advance,
ArthurN
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You could create a fully formatted full page document and then if the print
dialog, set the pages to print as 1, 1, 1, 1 and in the Zoom section of the
dialog, select 4 pages per sheet.

Note however if you had selected New Document in the Envelopes and Labels
dialog, you would have got a document that contained the four labels that
you could have formatted as you wished.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ArthurN" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ArthurN ArthurN is offline

Thank you, Doug Robbins!
Yes, this worked for me just fine. Of course, I can create a new document
while creating labels, but this approach will take me to a blank sheet (say
with 4 labels per sheet) and I'll have to recreate the document (perhaps
through cutting and pasting) four times which breaks the logic of keeping a
single copy of the document and making subsequent changes to one document
only.
Thanks again,
ArthurN
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi TedMi is offline

See http://www.mirecki.us/computing/
--
Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cndrela cndrela is offline

Not saavy to this/went to zoom section 4 pages selected printed a 2'x2" copy
and only one I want 4 per reg 81/2x11 sheet paper ugh!

"ArthurN" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In the Pages control of the Page range section of the Print dialog, enter

1, 1, 1, 1

Then with the Pages per sheet set to 4 pages in the Zoom section, you will
get four images of the first page of the document on a sheet.