Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mbient mbient is offline

Default How to print a continuous document with no page breaks?

I have a printer fed by a roll of paper. I would like to print a document
longer than Word's maiximum paper size of 22". How do I eliminate the page
breaks?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi M.,

While Word still retains its self imposed limit of 22" per *single* page, whether you can print something on a continus roll or
fanfeed sheet to look like it's one continuous page can depend on what you're trying to print, the layout and the abilities of your
printer.

For example, if your printer can print to the top and bottom edge of a sheet of paper (many roll printers still have 'cut point'
limits for page size) you can use Page Setup in Word to set top and bottom margins to zero and then be sure to *not* use a page
header or footer in your document.

If you're trying to print, for example, a banner, you won't be able to have a single text character or a picture jump across the
border of the page size Word thinks its using, but you may be able to have the result look like you did

Some printers (we don't know your version of Word, Windows or printer make/model) can be set to react differently to an end of page.
Most 'eject' the page and feed a new one, but some, when working on a roll sheet, if the margins are zero advance the equivalent of
only one line between pages. You may want to review the printer properties and help files for settings, features and command
language it may be able to use.

Note that you may want to consider using MS Excel or Publisher if you're trying to do a banner as they have different approaches to
content vs printed page size from what Word does.

=========
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP