Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ed Ed is offline

Default Wrapping text around a picture within a text box

Hello all:

I've got text and pictures within a text box, and I'm having trouble
wrapping the text around the picture. When I click the picture an then on the
word-wrap button, the one with the little dog, I'm not allowed to select any
of the options. Same if I double-click the picture and get the dialogue box.

I'm in Word 2003, but I also have Word 2007 at home, so if it's easier to do
in '07 I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Fredrik E. Nilsen Fredrik E. Nilsen is offline

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 21:16:16 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Can't be done in any version. A text box is already in the drawing layer, so
text wraps around *it.*

Try to insert the text and picture in a single table cell.

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen
http://fenilsen.wordpress.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you want text to wrap around the picture (rather than around the text box
containing the picture), you will have to do the following: Cut the picture
and paste it outside of the text box. Then change the Text Wrapping for the
picture to something other than "In line with text" (which means placing it
in the drawing layer).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP