Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Austin Austin is offline

Default Dissappearing Bullet Numbers

OK, I am having a real issue. I am currently writing the standard operating
procedures for our lab. To do this I must use a bullet system that is rather
complex but Word seems to be understanding it and even auto filling it for me.

The problem I have is that after I save the document when I, later, reopen
it the bullets have completely dissappeared and the document has reformatted
to left hand allignment.

When I click on the line that previously was bulleted the bullets tab, in
the toolbar, is highlighted as if it is still active.

Can anyone explain to me what is going on and how to bring my bullets back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

First of all, see if "Automatically update document styles" is checked in
Tools | Templates and Add-Ins. If so, clear the option. Then you may want to
set this up as an outline-numbered list of bullets; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html (for more on
outline numbering in general, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...umbering.html).

--