Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Derry Citizen[_2_] Derry Citizen[_2_] is offline

Default setting margins for three-ring notebook

I have Windows Vista with windows 2007. I am creating a booklet to be placed
in a w. 5-1/2 x h. 8-1/2 three ring notebook. No problem of course with the
first page margins but the second page margins will be the opposite of first
page. How do you reset the margins for the second page and then for the third
page return to the margins used on the first page?

Can this be done in word?

Thank you for any words of advice!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Derry,

You can get the required layout by telling Word that you want to have a 'gutter' and 'miror margins', via File|Page Setup|Margins.
When you define the page margins, use the 'gutter' to control the size of the 'inside' margin.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Derry Citizen" wrote in message ...
I have Windows Vista with windows 2007. I am creating a booklet to be placed
in a w. 5-1/2 x h. 8-1/2 three ring notebook. No problem of course with the
first page margins but the second page margins will be the opposite of first
page. How do you reset the margins for the second page and then for the third
page return to the margins used on the first page?

Can this be done in word?

Thank you for any words of advice!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

By default, when you choose "Book fold," "Mirror margins" is enabled. Set
your Inside and Outside margins differently.

"Derry Citizen" wrote in message
I have Windows Vista with windows 2007. I am creating a booklet to be
placed
in a w. 5-1/2 x h. 8-1/2 three ring notebook. No problem of course with
the
first page margins but the second page margins will be the opposite of
first
page. How do you reset the margins for the second page and then for the
third
page return to the margins used on the first page?

Can this be done in word?

Thank you for any words of advice!!

Thank you so much for your help. It's great to know there is someone to turn to when there's a microsoft problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Derry,

You can get the required layout by telling Word that you want to have a 'gutter' and 'miror margins', via File|Page Setup|Margins.
When you define the page margins, use the 'gutter' to control the size of the 'inside' margin.

Thanks for your help.
--
Cheers
macropod

"Derry Citizen" wrote in message ...
I have Windows Vista with windows 2007. I am creating a booklet to be placed
in a w. 5-1/2 x h. 8-1/2 three ring notebook. No problem of course with the
first page margins but the second page margins will be the opposite of first
page. How do you reset the margins for the second page and then for the third
page return to the margins used on the first page?

Can this be done in word?

Thank you for any words of advice!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Many, many thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

Setting Margins Tina Microsoft Word Help 5 April 3rd 08 11:37 PM
Setting Margins jagdao Page Layout 2 April 2nd 08 02:33 PM
Setting of Margins Don[_2_] New Users 3 April 25th 07 02:56 PM
TOC margins--setting Summer Microsoft Word Help 2 November 11th 05 12:41 AM
Setting Margins Mark Anthony Page Layout 1 August 2nd 05 05:10 PM