Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lynn Teller Lynn Teller is offline

Default "Restart Numbering" Changes Paragraph Indentation

In Word 2003, I use a Body Text numbered style for procedural steps. Each new procedure should start with Step 1. However, when I use the "Restart Numbering" from the right-click menu, it causes my paragraph indents to change. (All paragraphs with that style "jump" to the right.) Same thing happens if I go through the Format Bullets and Numbering dialog box.

I would appreciate some guidance with this.

Thanks,
Lynn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that you must define the indentation via the numbering options, because
that's the only way to make it stable (the Paragraph dialog box cannot be
trusted with the indentation of numbered paragraphs). If you still can't get
it to work, try one of the other methods for restarting the numbering,
suggested at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artmethods.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP