Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lyn Calerdine Lyn Calerdine is offline

Default Figure Slip Sheets

Our firms prepares professional environmental reports. We typically have
full page figures that are added to the document later (with Adobe Acrobat).
I need to insert Figure Slip sheets (with captions) where the figure
ultimately will go.

I can manually insert a slip sheet with a page break, but that means I must
manually adjust all such page breaks just before printing. I would like to
insert a floating slip sheet that is automatically inserted on the next page,
rather than having to manually insert the page break.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The following should work:

If the caption is written in Word (not sure from your description): Select
the caption plus the following paragraph (i.e. the paragraph that is to start
on the page after the slip sheet), select Format Paragraph Line and Page
Breaks tab and turn _on_ €śPage break before€ť. This will force both paragraphs
to start at a new page, thereby creating the needed page breaks that will
automatically flow correctly with the text.

If the caption is not written in Word, insert an empty paragraph where the
slip sheet is to be found and apply €śPage break before€ť to that paragraph
plus the following paragraph.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)