Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WG, LI WG, LI is offline

Default Adding extra pages before heading

Hi all,

I barely understand this well enough to explain, but I'll try.

I'm starting a new chapter in my document. I dutifully place a section break
- odd page at the end of my previous chapter. When I type in my new chapter
heading and choose the Heading 1 style, I now have 7 blank (but properly
numbered) pages between the end of the previous chapter and my new chapter's
heading. Changing the heading style back to normal eliminates all of these
extra pages.

I had the Heading 1 style set with "Page break before", and once I turned
that off, the problem seems to have stopped. But how does that turn into 7
extra pages? There are no tables involved here, which often cause difficulty,
and no hidden characters that I can see (not that I'd know what to look for,
even showing all of the non-printing characters).

Sorry to ramble, but this one has me stumped, and it's happened to me once
or twice before in the past.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello WG

WG wrote:
I'm starting a new chapter in my document. I dutifully place a section break
- odd page at the end of my previous chapter. When I type in my new chapter
heading and choose the Heading 1 style, I now have 7 blank (but properly
numbered) pages between the end of the previous chapter and my new chapter's
heading. Changing the heading style back to normal eliminates all of these
extra pages.

are these empty pages "accessible" to you? A section break of the type
you're mentioning is supposed to create _one_ empty page (when you
insert an "odd" type section break on an odd page), but you cannot see
these pages except in PrintPreview/PageLayoutView, nor enter anything
into them. Just trying to determine what this could be.

Can you reproduce this in a new document based on your template? Based
on Normal.dot?

Greetinx
Robert
--