Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ralph Ralph is offline

Default Printing full borders

I recently posted a question about printing borders. Briefly, what I did was
open a word doc, chose full border, then looked at "Print Prievew" and saw
the full border, but the bottom of the border did not print. I saw a message
that read "The page borders of section 1 are set outside the printable area
of the page." I checked my settings, and they were set at "Normal" in Word.
T'sup with that?
--
Ralph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ralph Ralph is offline

Suzanne,

Thanks for the input. I did take your advice, and reviewed the page you
suggested. Still no help, but I'll go back and look more thoroughly.

On another note, I received your response notice at my email. When I
attempted to open in (in comcast email) I could not open it. I had to go to
the Microsoft site to retrieve your response.

Thanks again.
--
Ralph

"Ralph" wrote in message
I recently posted a question about printing borders. Briefly, what I did
was
open a word doc, chose full border, then looked at "Print Prievew" and saw
the full border, but the bottom of the border did not print. I saw a
message
that read "The page borders of section 1 are set outside the printable
area
of the page." I checked my settings, and they were set at "Normal" in
Word.
T'sup with that?
--
Ralph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The whole point to the article is that you have to understand your own
printer's unprintable area. If you put a border in that area, it won't
print. The solution is to set a page border "From text" instead of "From
edge of page."

My understanding is that the notice just contains a link to the answer at
the Microsoft site; that's the way it's supposed to work.