Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Derry Citizen[_2_] Derry Citizen[_2_] is offline

Default Page 1 continous

Thanks to your instructions I now have page number 1 beginning on page 33 of
my document (which is where I want it to begin). However, page number 1
appears on every page. Do you have suggestions how to make the numbers
continuous?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert the page number as a field instead of as plain text? Or set the page
numbering in all of your umpteen sections (if that's the problem) to
"Continue from previous section"?

"Derry Citizen" wrote in message
Thanks to your instructions I now have page number 1 beginning on page 33
of
my document (which is where I want it to begin). However, page number 1
appears on every page. Do you have suggestions how to make the numbers
continuous?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Derry Citizen" wrote:

Thanks to your instructions I now have page number 1 beginning on page 33 of
my document (which is where I want it to begin). However, page number 1
appears on every page. Do you have suggestions how to make the numbers
continuous?

Thank you for your quick response, but I'm still confused--sorry.

I have a 100 page document and want the page numbering to start at one (on
page 33 of my document) and continue through the rest of the document. I
don't believe I can "Continue from previous section." The insert page as a
field sounds good but after looking in "help" field sections still don't know
how to do it. Again, sorry.

Would you be able to guide me to a site that can give more detailed
directions? Thanks so very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello Derry

Derry Citizen wrote:
Would you be able to guide me to a site that can give more detailed
directions? Thanks so very much.

How to control the page numbering in a Word document (by Bill Coan)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports

Continous numbering across section breaks Boldt Microsoft Word Help 7 May 31st 07 08:56 AM
continous breaks to change footers dtwelch Microsoft Word Help 4 May 5th 07 10:13 PM
Index: How to replace middle #s in a continous run with hyphen (# bchap555 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 29th 07 02:35 AM
continous feed paper Jords Page Layout 1 October 10th 06 08:31 PM
Word document that is continous scroling document - no page breaks carolpm Microsoft Word Help 2 February 28th 05 07:48 AM