Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
steph steph is offline

Default Template Page Numbers

I'm stumped. I have a template that is divided into sections with the same
footer for the entire document. At first, the document sections were
separated by page breaks, which maintained the whole footer (date, doc title,
page number (1,2,3...). I want my doc footer page number's to reflect the
following numbering system... (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc...)

This was not working with page breaks (appears as 1.2, 2.3, 3.3...). I
changed page breaks to section breaks. I don't think this is the correct
answer since I want the sequence to be (1 (for doc 1). pg #) or (1.2).

What am I missing?
Do i divide the doc sections by page breaks or section breaks to maintain
footer?
Depending on the latter, how do I set up the template's preferred page
numbering without having to change the footer's page number on each and every
page manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/chapternumber.htm.