Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
UlfHJensen UlfHJensen is offline

Default Word2007 New Document Dialog Box

In Word2007 whenever I click the New...-button, I get a dialog box that
defaults to Microsoft Online Templates. I do not want Microsoft Online
Templates, never did and probably never will. I would like to change this.
I have tried in vain to find a solution to this but so far I have found
none. Surely I cannot be the only one finding this dialog box extremely
annoying as I have to go through several more clicks to find and launch my
templates.
So in short: How do I make this button default to my costumized (enterprise)
and workgroup templates instead? (You know; the tabbed templae dialog box
from way back or - though not fully to my liking - the sidepanel version from
previous Word-version)

--
Best regards
Ulf
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is really a two-part question:

1. When I use Office Button | New, I get a dialog as follows:

Left pane: A menu of Templates including "Blank and recent," "Installed
Templates," "My templates...," and "New from existing...", followed by a
much longer menu of offerings from Microsoft Office Online.

Center pane: Top: "Blank and recent" includes "Blank document" and my
most recently used template; bottom: "Recently Used Templates" has several
other recently used templates.

Right pane: Preview (if available) of the template selected in the
center.

If you click "My templates..." in the left pane, you will get to the
familiar New dialog you're asking for.

2. If you want a button that goes directly to the New dialog, use Office
Button | Word Options | Customize. Select All Commands, then New Document or
Template... Add that to your QAT.

"UlfHJensen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

UlfHJensen wrote:
In Word2007 whenever I click the New...-button, I get a dialog box
that defaults to Microsoft Online Templates. I do not want Microsoft
Online Templates, never did and probably never will. I would like to
change this.
I have tried in vain to find a solution to this but so far I have
found none. Surely I cannot be the only one finding this dialog box
extremely annoying as I have to go through several more clicks to
find and launch my templates.
So in short: How do I make this button default to my costumized
(enterprise) and workgroup templates instead? (You know; the tabbed
templae dialog box from way back or - though not fully to my liking -
the sidepanel version from previous Word-version)

You can add a button to the Quick Access Toolbar to open the old (ca. Word
2000) New Document dialog.

Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar and choose Customize. Set the category
to Commands Not In the Ribbon.

Select the entry "New Document or Template..." and click the Add button to
put it on the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman