Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
USEN USEN is offline

Default Alternative to using Headers to have form at top of each page?

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to design a template using Word 2007 and need advice. Does
anyone know of an alternative was to have a form appear at the top of each
page without placing it into a header (if a form can even be placed into a
header)? What I have is a small form that needs to appear at the top of each
page; however, the form is used by copyrighters for notations so would not be
feasible to try to place a different header on each page because there isn't
a way to determine what notations they will within that form.

On the otherhand, placing the form within the body of the template also
presents a problem, not if...but when, they add multiple lines of text to the
actual document, these forms (small tables actually) wouldn't remain at the
top of the page. I also thought about having them place hard page breaks
right before each new page and then perhaps using a macro or keyboard
shortcut to insert the blank table at the top of the new page? I've never
used macros before, but I think this might possibly be the way to go about
this?

Oh...and one other thing, the little table or form...whatever you wish to
call it needs to have a drop-down list in one section that would restrict the
available choice for that particular entry. I've done this in both Excel and
Access, but never Word. I've printed out instructions for the Word help file
on how to do it in Word...hope it works.

If anyone has any suggestions on an easier way to accomplish my task, I
would greatly appreciate your ideas and/feedback.

Thanks!