Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jan Groshan Jan Groshan is offline

Default Ruler disappears

Word 2003 : The top and side rulers keep disappearing. I set them to show,
but a document or two later they're gone. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Random changing of Word 2003's personal settings is a peculiarity of the
application that has never been properly explained, though some will point
to errant add-ins as the cause. The simple solution is to force your
requirements using autonew and autopen macros in normal.dot - see the
examples at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Jan Groshan wrote:
Word 2003 : The top and side rulers keep disappearing. I set them to
show, but a document or two later they're gone. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In the case of the rulers, I found that the problem was having them turned
off in Print Preview. Every time I switched to PP and back, they would be
gone in the next document. Once I reinstated them in PP, the problem was
solved.