Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LeslieMitchell LeslieMitchell is offline

Default sidebar in word 2007

I really like the alphabet sidebar offered in W2007. But I don't like the
color of the horizontal lines top & bottom. I can't work out how to change
them. Text box formatting only operates on the outside box and I don't seem
to be able to grab the horizontal lines to change to color. Any suggestyions
- I'd be grateful because it;s a neat tool. Ps why is it an alphabet sidebar?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Paragraph group, click the Borders
and Shading button. In the dialog box, on the Borders tab, choose a
different color and then click the preview picture to apply that color to
the picture. Or, if you want to get rid of the borders completely, just
click to remove them.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LeslieMitchell" wrote in message
I really like the alphabet sidebar offered in W2007. But I don't like the
color of the horizontal lines top & bottom. I can't work out how to change
them. Text box formatting only operates on the outside box and I don't
seem
to be able to grab the horizontal lines to change to color. Any
suggestyions
- I'd be grateful because it;s a neat tool. Ps why is it an alphabet
sidebar?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Leslie,

The 'Alphabet' title is to tie it to the 'themed' design elements for a specific document 'look' in Word 2007. There are matching
'Alphabet' look elements in
Insert=Cover Page
Insert=Header
Insert=Footer
==============
"LeslieMitchell" wrote in message
I really like the alphabet sidebar offered in W2007. But I don't like the
color of the horizontal lines top & bottom. I can't work out how to change
them. Text box formatting only operates on the outside box and I don't seem
to be able to grab the horizontal lines to change to color. Any suggestyions
- I'd be grateful because it;s a neat tool. Ps why is it an alphabet sidebar?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Petr Petr is offline

Hi,

do you know how to create a side bar over several pages? I need to have 2
independent columns - if I write in one column, it does not move the the rest
of the text to the second one.

Thanks Petr

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Leslie,

The 'Alphabet' title is to tie it to the 'themed' design elements for a specific document 'look' in Word 2007. There are matching
'Alphabet' look elements in
Insert=Cover Page
Insert=Header
Insert=Footer
==============
"LeslieMitchell" wrote in message
I really like the alphabet sidebar offered in W2007. But I don't like the
color of the horizontal lines top & bottom. I can't work out how to change
them. Text box formatting only operates on the outside box and I don't seem
to be able to grab the horizontal lines to change to color. Any suggestyions
- I'd be grateful because it;s a neat tool. Ps why is it an alphabet sidebar?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The easiest way to accomplish this is usually with a two-column table. Just
be sure to start a new row from time to time--don't let a single row extend
over more than one page--to keep Word from getting uncomfortable.