Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KT1957 KT1957 is offline

Default headers and footers all over the place

Why is it that I put EXACTLY the same header/footer and top/bottom margins in
a word document but when I print it out some of the headers and footers are
positioned where I want them and some are about 1/3rd of the way up the page?
It particularly seems to occur afer a section break when I have inserted a
page set to landscape.

I produce a lot of training resource documents and this problem makes them
look crappy and amateurish. I am sick of spending hours trying to work pout
what is going on. Can somebody please help me? Thankyou
--
KT 1957
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Changing the page orientation also changes the location of the headers and
footers in that section. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...apeSection.htm (although the
article deals specifically with page numbers, the principle remains the same
for other header/footer content).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KT1957" wrote in message
Why is it that I put EXACTLY the same header/footer and top/bottom margins
in
a word document but when I print it out some of the headers and footers
are
positioned where I want them and some are about 1/3rd of the way up the
page?
It particularly seems to occur afer a section break when I have inserted a
page set to landscape.

I produce a lot of training resource documents and this problem makes them
look crappy and amateurish. I am sick of spending hours trying to work
pout
what is going on. Can somebody please help me? Thankyou
--
KT 1957

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

That would certainly account for differences in horizontal layout (tab stops
in the wrong place), but the header/footer margin settings (that is, the
distance from the top and bottom of the page) shouldn't change.