Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rocky Beach Rocky Beach is offline

Default How do I create dividers in my document?

I am trying to figure out how to create notebook tabs or dividers in my
document. I have seen this done in large Adobe documents and I am wondering
if and how I can do the same in my Word 2007. Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

By "Adobe documents" I assume you mean PDFs, which is an entirely different
type of file/document structure - Word documents aren't actually constructed
of pages. There is no such capability in Word itself.

I believe there were add-ins available for earlier versions of Word which
imposed that sort of effect but I never made any attempt to use them so I
can't comment on their efficacy. Whether any have been adapted/designed for
Word 2007 I have no idea.

If your intent simply is to facilitate navigation you might find that the
Document Map [View Tab, Show/Hide Group] will work equally well if you
format with appropriate Styles. Other options may also be available if you
explain your need... Or you could just generate a PDF from your document.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/8/08 6:06 PM, in article
, "Rocky Beach" Rocky
wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to create notebook tabs or dividers in my
document. I have seen this done in large Adobe documents and I am wondering
if and how I can do the same in my Word 2007. Any thoughts?

How do i insert dividers in a word document? Kath Microsoft Word Help 1 June 25th 08 12:55 AM
index tab dividers Mona Webb Microsoft Word Help 4 March 19th 08 09:36 PM
page dividers Jack Tables 1 March 22nd 06 04:35 PM
Tabs or dividers of a document Charles Microsoft Word Help 2 November 18th 05 05:10 AM
How do I create a template for Ready Index Dividers 31 tab Avery Humanist Microsoft Word Help 2 July 4th 05 04:15 AM