Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SB Mull SB Mull is offline

Default Setting beginning point for page numbrs

I see lots of questions about page numbers in Word 2007, but none are exactly
what I need. I am preparing a novel manuscript for e-mail submission (no
printing) and I need the cover page and 1st page to have no number. Chapter
1 starts with page 3 - everything I have tried, including inserting a Word
cover page, causes the prologue (2nd physical page) to have a page number. I
have a deadline - what can I do that is quick?
--
Sandra
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

To: SB Mull,

(a) Create a cover page (or pages) by Page Layout Breaks Section Breaks

pages (or pages).

(b) If your page numbers will be in your header, double click on your
headers. If they are in your footer, double click on your footers. If you do
not yet have a header and/or footer, add them with: Insert Header or Footer

(c) At your first page, which should now be section2, you want to get rid of
the "same as previous," under the Design tab click on "Link to previous" this
should remove "same as previous" from your first page. Also, you want to
check "Different First Page."

Now assuming that your coverpage is only one page, your second page should
now be your third page. Page 1: Cover page, Page 2: 1st page, Page 3: 2nd
page, etc.

You should be able to add a page number to Page 3 (aka 2nd page) in either
the header or footer and yet page numbers will not show up on the cover page
or first page.

Steven Craig Miller