Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
aviatorboy58 aviatorboy58 is offline

Default Changing the date on one page in the Header

How do I change a date in the header on just one page without changing the
date on other pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you know what page it's going to be, you could use an IF field:

{ IF { PAGE } = x "Date for page x" "Date for other pages" }

"aviatorboy58" wrote in message
How do I change a date in the header on just one page without changing the
date on other pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
aviatorboy58 aviatorboy58 is offline

I don't understand what you are saying. In my word doc, I have changes to
lets say page 2, page 6 and page 7. I only need to change the date on those
three pages. Used to be in Word 97, I would go to page break and click
"Continuous". THen I would click on the header and click the icon to change
only this page forward. THen I would change the date. The result would be,
no dates changed on any of the changes before but all pages forward did
change. I would need to then do the same thing on the following page to get
the dates changed back. That way, only the one page now reflected the new
date. Hope this all makes sense. Now, with Word 2007, I don't see all of
these options. Plus, there just has to be a better, easier way to change the
date on one page without affecting all the other pages. Whew...Jay

S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you know what page it's going to be, you could use an IF field:

{ IF { PAGE } = x "Date for page x" "Date for other pages" }

"aviatorboy58" wrote in message
How do I change a date in the header on just one page without changing the
date on other pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can certainly still do it with section breaks. You said "one page," so I
was replying to that condition. If it's several pages, and you don't
necessarily know the page numbers, then you need to go with section breaks.
Is the issue that you don't know how to insert section breaks in Word 2007,
don't know how to unlink the headers, or what?