Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Old new attorney in Seattle Old new attorney in Seattle is offline

Default Legal pleading template

I'm using Word 2000.

I need to create a legal pleading document with two separate footers--the
name of the pleading and page number on the left and the name of the law firm
on the right.

I've tried to use the Pleading Wizard in the create new document tab, but
when I get to the end and click on finish, help tells me "The project item
cannot be copied". I get the same message regardless of whether I leave all
of the default check boxes unchanged or whether I check them to meet my
needs. I have put the Professional Office 2000 in my disc drive.

I've tried to create a template myself, but can't seem to figure out how to
get two separate footers on opposite sides of the same page. Any help out
there?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Depends what you mean by "left" and "right." If you just need separate text
on the left and right sides of the footer, then use the built-in tabs to
separate the text. There is a right-aligned tab stop at the right margin in
the default Footer style.

If you are duplexing and need different footers on odd and even pages, then
enable "Different odd and even" in Page Setup (I'm not sure which tab it's
on in Word 2000), and you'll get separate Odd Page and Even Page headers and
footers.

wrote in message
I'm using Word 2000.

I need to create a legal pleading document with two separate footers--the
name of the pleading and page number on the left and the name of the law
firm
on the right.

I've tried to use the Pleading Wizard in the create new document tab, but
when I get to the end and click on finish, help tells me "The project item
cannot be copied". I get the same message regardless of whether I leave
all
of the default check boxes unchanged or whether I check them to meet my
needs. I have put the Professional Office 2000 in my disc drive.

I've tried to create a template myself, but can't seem to figure out how
get two separate footers on opposite sides of the same page. Any help out
there?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Old new attorney in Seattle[_2_] Old new attorney in Seattle[_2_] is offline

That system becomes very clunky, since some of the left side titles are short
e.g. "Motion to Expunge" and others are very long, eg. "Defendant Laura H.
Jones' Declaration in support of Motion to Expunge". Each different title is
followed by the auto text page number. Meanwhile the attorney name and law
office address on the lower right side needs to stay unchanged and
unaffected. Ideally, two footers operating like two separate text boxes or
something similar is what would work.

These need to be the same on every page.

wrote in message
I'm using Word 2000.

I need to create a legal pleading document with two separate footers--the
name of the pleading and page number on the left and the name of the law
firm
on the right.

I've tried to use the Pleading Wizard in the create new document tab, but
when I get to the end and click on finish, help tells me "The project item
cannot be copied". I get the same message regardless of whether I leave
all
of the default check boxes unchanged or whether I check them to meet my
needs. I have put the Professional Office 2000 in my disc drive.

I've tried to create a template myself, but can't seem to figure out how
get two separate footers on opposite sides of the same page. Any help out
there?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you're saying that some of the text needs to wrap, then use a two-column
borderless table with left-aligned and right-aligned text.