Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hollis Paul Hollis Paul is offline

Default Using a format setting in a css file

Testing Styles in the CSS overrides

This is a very long title with a large type that I want to see if I can
effect with a special format.

This is a very long title with a large type that I want to see if I can
effect with a special format which I have entered as h4.

In case anyone wants to know, the current css override, which is having
no affect on this post is:

body{
font-size : 1.1em;
font-family : Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
margin : 0px;
background-color: #72d8fa;
}
.post
{
border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
border-bottom-width: 2px;
border-right-width: 2px;
padding: 4px;
margin-bottom: 20px;
background-color : #eeeeb9;
}
.post h4
{
font-size : 1.8em;
line-height: 2.0em;
text-decoration: bold;
}

The HTML in the post has the following code:

pspan style="h4;"This is a very long title with a large type that I
want to see if I can effect with a special format which I have entered
as h4. /span/p

If anyone knows what is missing, please let me know.

--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Hollis,

Are you trying to apply CSS to a Word document, if so what version, or are you trying to apply CSS to a discussion group posting, in
which case whether it will be 'noticed' at all would depend on 'plain text' settings in some discussion group or which browser and
which website/slurp of the posting was being used by someone trying to read it.

==========
"Hollis Paul" wrote in message ...
[...]

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In article , Bob Buckland ?:-\) wrote:
Are you trying to apply CSS to a Word document, if so what version, or are you trying to apply CSS to a discussion group posting, in
which case whether it will be 'noticed' at all would depend on 'plain text' settings in some discussion group or which browser and
which website/slurp of the posting was being used by someone trying to read it.

Bob,

Strictly speaking, the target is a blog page, but their editor does allow
one to paste from Word to its editor. In fact, I use Blogjet, so I am pasting
into Blogjets editor. I know that Word 2003 and Word 2007 do the styles
differently, but the Word 2003 approach seems more simpatico. I tried using a
suggested p class="h4", and that caused an error that wiped out the entire
message.

Style H1, from Word 2003, produces the following in the BlogJet HTML view:

h1 style="MARGIN: 12pt 0in 3pt"span style="FONT-SIZE: 22pt"
font face="Arial"This is a very long message styled with a large type
that will extend to a second line and needs extra space between lines.
?xml:namespace prefix ="" o ns ="" "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /
o/o/font/span/h1
pspan style="mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"o /o/span/p
pspan style="mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"This is normal./span/p

I suspect I don't need the schema stuff.

I have just noticed the p.h4 locator used in a different css file, so that may be
the way to go. But, would we use the style or the class to designate the h4?
--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hollis Paul Hollis Paul is offline

In article , Bob Buckland
?:-\) wrote:
Are you trying to apply CSS to a Word document

Bob,

I have been doing a lot of switching between the formatted-display
editor and the html editors of the blog, and it appears that Word2003
puts in a lot of extra stuff about font families, and putting that same
string in for every line, and setting the span to only span a single
line. That is just stupid! (Word 2007 is even worse.) Are there
switches (or settings) that direct Word to not generate font family and
the other garbage that makes it easier for a Word document to be sent
around the world. My documents are definitely homebound and
english-bound; and I don't need no stinking localization!

Is rtf a better way to go than the full Word Document?

--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA USA