Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael M. Michael M. is offline

Default Word 2007 - Style with Boilerplate Text?

Hi.

How do I create a style in Word 2007 that has boilerplate text? For example,
a style that puts the text "Navigation:" (ideally with a tab character after
it) at the beginning of the line each time I apply the style.

I can't seem to get Numbering to allow me to enter text; am I missing
something?

Thanks.

Michael M.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael M.[_2_] Michael M.[_2_] is offline

Sigh.

Please put an official request that this capability be put back in future
Word releases.

That's about as nicely as I can say that.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is possible only with a multilevel list ("outline numbering" in earlier
versions).

"Michael M." Michael wrote in message
Hi.

How do I create a style in Word 2007 that has boilerplate text? For
example,
a style that puts the text "Navigation:" (ideally with a tab character
after
it) at the beginning of the line each time I apply the style.

I can't seem to get Numbering to allow me to enter text; am I missing
something?

Thanks.

Michael M.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I can't imagine that it was removed intentionally, and I won't swear that it
has been. I'm judging from the fact that if I set numbering to (none) in a
simple list and type in text, the OK button is disabled, which I guess is
what you also have experienced.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is possible only with a multilevel list ("outline numbering" in
earlier
versions).

"Michael M." Michael wrote in message
Hi.

How do I create a style in Word 2007 that has boilerplate text? For
example,
a style that puts the text "Navigation:" (ideally with a tab character
after
it) at the beginning of the line each time I apply the style.

I can't seem to get Numbering to allow me to enter text; am I missing
something?

Thanks.

Michael M.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael M.[_2_] Michael M.[_2_] is offline

Hi.

Will you please look further and let me know if you find a way for me to add
boilerplate text to a style?

If you can't find this feature for me, will you please request that it be
put back in or let me know where I make such requests. I make my living in
technical documentation and, as such, have been forced for over a decade to
use Word. Let's just say I have a number of suggestions about what Microsoft
can do about Word 2007.

Thanks.

Michael