Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ruciane ruciane is offline

Default How can I change the position of footnotes line

....more specifically - the line horizontal line at the bottom of a page just
above footnotes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Sort of. This is the Footnote Separator. If you want it farther from the
bottom of the document text, you can add some Space Before. If you want it
farther from the footnotes, you can add some Space After. If it is indented
(which it shouldn't be), then most likely that's because its position is
based on the Normal style and you have applied an indent to Normal.

To edit it, switch to Normal view (Draft view in Word 2007) and use View |
Footnotes to open the footnote pane (in Word 2007, it's References |
Footnotes | Show Notes). There is a toolbar with just one dropdown. In that
dropdown, select Footnote Separator and have at it. Although you can format
the paragraph the separator is in (using Format | Paragraph), there is very
little you can do to affect the appearance of the separator itself.