Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
wordy08 wordy08 is offline

Default Change space between tables?

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a CV and I want to seperate a few heading using tables.

I have 6 tables of 2 columns each but the space between each table is
different.

Is there a way I can select something so that each table will be seperated
evenly?

I have tried deleting the space and dragging a table but while it worked for
a couple of the tables, i'm stuck with a few that wont budge!

Any ideas would be appreciated as my document looks messy at the moment.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

When you drag a table, you make it wrapped, which makes it much more
difficult to deal with. Instead, leave the tables inline (go to Table
Properties, Table tab and check "None" for text wrapping), then allow one
single empty paragraph in Normal style between tables. If you want different
spacing, format each of these paragraphs identically (by adding Space
Before/After, changing the font size, or whatever).

"wordy08" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a CV and I want to seperate a few heading using
tables.

I have 6 tables of 2 columns each but the space between each table is
different.

Is there a way I can select something so that each table will be seperated
evenly?

I have tried deleting the space and dragging a table but while it worked
for
a couple of the tables, i'm stuck with a few that wont budge!

Any ideas would be appreciated as my document looks messy at the moment.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Try turning on formatting marks (Ctrl+Shift+8). Two tables must be split by
at least one paragraph mark €“ looks like this: ¶. Make sure that you have
precisely one paragraph mark between all tables (select and delete any extra
paragraph marks) and format these the same way (apply the same paragraph
style to each of them).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)