Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
lady lactor lady lactor is offline

Default i want to limit maximum number of text without resizing

How do I do this in Word 2007? I am creating a form to fill out and want to
set the description field to a maximum limit of text characters. I created 4
rows to type into.
What I've tried so far:
Table Properties - Options... - (uncheck) Automatically resize to fit contents
Table Properties - (under Row tab) - Size: Specify height - Row height is:
"Exactly"
(under Row tab) - Options - (uncheck) Allow row to
break across pages

Those are the setting I changed, but even before that, I cannot achieve the
effect I'd like of my table. It's very frustrating, I know theres a way to do
it, I'm just not experienced at this.

I did find the table cells at a fixed size, but the text keeps typing, only
partially visible. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"lady lactor" wrote:

How do I do this in Word 2007? I am creating a form to fill out and want to
set the description field to a maximum limit of text characters. I created 4
rows to type into.
What I've tried so far:
Table Properties - Options... - (uncheck) Automatically resize to fit contents
Table Properties - (under Row tab) - Size: Specify height - Row height is:
"Exactly"
(under Row tab) - Options - (uncheck) Allow row to
break across pages

Those are the setting I changed, but even before that, I cannot achieve the
effect I'd like of my table. It's very frustrating, I know theres a way to do
it, I'm just not experienced at this.

I did find the table cells at a fixed size, but the text keeps typing, only
partially visible. Please help.

The only way to do that is with formfields or content controls with input
limits set at a certain number of characters.
To make sure that the number of character reflects the available space, you
have to use a set-width font, like Courrier.