Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jeannie Jeannie is offline

Default Table header rows repeat and modify

In Word 2007 is it possible to set up header rows that repeat, but then be
able to modify the header row text on some of the later pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There's no built-in way to do this, no. If what you're wanting to do is add
"continued" to the table title, then there is a way to do it, but it's a
pretty kludgy workaround.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jeannie" wrote in message
In Word 2007 is it possible to set up header rows that repeat, but then be
able to modify the header row text on some of the later pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joe Presson[_2_] Joe Presson[_2_] is offline

Suzanne, see my post "Mod Table Title on continuation pages?" - can you help
me learn the kludgy way to do this? I've figured out one kludgey solution,
but it has the wrong data in the table of contents (list of tables) (i.e., it
shows the "cont" when I don't want it to show in the master list).

"Jeannie" wrote in message
In Word 2007 is it possible to set up header rows that repeat, but then be
able to modify the header row text on some of the later pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I can think of ways around this for an ordinary heading in an ordinary TOC
(with which I am fairly familiar), but the solutions I can think of would
not work for a table caption (in the Caption style) if you create the list
of tables as a "table of figures" (which picks up just specific caption
labels or one specific style). The alternative of using a TC field doesn't
help here because the sequential caption number would have to be faked.

It seems to be the convenient conclusion of most people trying to use Word
that a continued notice is really not necessary in tables; this is not much
help if you're following guidelines (university, government, etc.) that
require one.

http://word.mvps.org