Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sylvia sylvia is offline

Default How do you Split a table in office 2007?

In office 2000 you were able to split a table, can't seem to be able to do
this in 2007. Can split/merge cells but this is not what I want to do.
--
Hoping someone out there can help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With the cursor in the table Layout Merge group Split Table?

Sylvia wrote:
In office 2000 you were able to split a table, can't seem to be able
to do this in 2007. Can split/merge cells but this is not what I
want to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Split Table seems to have been removed from the shortcut menu. I may have
added it to one of the shortcut menus in previous versions, but I wouldn't
have thought to do so if it hadn't been on some other shortcut menu to begin
with. At any rate, it's not on the menu for a cell or a row in Word 2007.

http://word.mvps.org

Sylvia wrote:
In office 2000 you were able to split a table, can't seem to be able
to do this in 2007. Can split/merge cells but this is not what I
want to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

True, but it is on the main ribbon and I suppose you could add it to the
shortcut menu if you felt so inclined -
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_...amatically.htm

Sylvia wrote:
In office 2000 you were able to split a table, can't seem to be able
to do this in 2007. Can split/merge cells but this is not what I
want to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Select all of the rows to the bottom of the table, then right click, use
Cut, then press Enter, then Paste

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sylvia" wrote in message
In office 2000 you were able to split a table, can't seem to be able to do
this in 2007. Can split/merge cells but this is not what I want to do.
--
Hoping someone out there can help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That's too much work. :-)

Put the cursor anywhere in the row that you want to have as the first row of the
second table. On the Table Tools Layout tab, click the Split Table button in
the Merge group.

This command isn't on the right-click menu, and it's a fair bit of work to put
it there, but it can be done.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Split Table - Word 2007 Sue C Tables 4 April 16th 09 08:39 AM
Split Screen in Office 2007 office07Maine Microsoft Word Help 2 October 9th 08 06:10 PM
how do i split one table into 2 tables in word 2007 flipper New Users 9 February 1st 08 09:54 AM
Can I merge a table that I split back into a single table? Picasso1986 Tables 1 September 1st 07 08:00 PM
I there a way to split a table i 2007 Ver. as in 2003 ver.? Splitting an entire Table. Microsoft Word Help 1 June 18th 07 11:12 PM