Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Yookaroo Yookaroo is offline

Default Need some help importing data

I have 41 products that I need to import into a mailmerge each row has 41
columns and each product is numbered all the 1's in column 1 all the 2's in
column 2 etc

Now I have 0 (Zeros) mixed throughout that mean a person doesnt have that
particular product, how can I import that data in ignoring all the fields
with zeros as a person might get product

1 2 0 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 0 0 0 14 0 0 0 0 19 0 0 22 23 24 25 26 0 28 29 30 31 32 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 41

The data is in columns B to AP

After I figure this out I need to ad text before and after these numbers
when imported so that when I import 1 it will look like
"product 01 Pain Relief Topical"

Any help is appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It is probably that mail merge is not the best tool for this job, but we
would need to know more about how you want the data arranged in the final
document(s) and where the addition text is going to come from to provide you
with an alternative.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Yookaroo" wrote in message
I have 41 products that I need to import into a mailmerge each row has 41
columns and each product is numbered all the 1's in column 1 all the 2's
in
column 2 etc

Now I have 0 (Zeros) mixed throughout that mean a person doesnt have that
particular product, how can I import that data in ignoring all the fields
with zeros as a person might get product

1 2 0 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 0 0 0 14 0 0 0 0 19 0 0 22 23 24 25 26 0 28 29 30 31
32 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 41

The data is in columns B to AP

After I figure this out I need to ad text before and after these numbers
when imported so that when I import 1 it will look like
"product 01 Pain Relief Topical"

Any help is appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Yookaroo Yookaroo is offline

Im hoping I can use mailmerge as its what my client is requesting it back
in...

In my situation column 1 will have nothing but 1's and 0's, wherever I find
a 1 I need to insert some text before and after it, ignoring the 0's (perhaps
I could doa find replace and eliminate all the o's so those fields are
empty?)

Then off to column 2 and everywhere I find a 2 I need to insert text before
and after

up to 41, the text will be consistant for each column, so I was hoping to
add it like this:

{IF { Mergefield product_01 } "" "product # {MERGEFIELD product_01 }" "
"Lakota Back Pain Relief Topical Sample }

Except that I am a little unclear if this is put together right?

"Yookaroo" wrote in message
I have 41 products that I need to import into a mailmerge each row has 41
columns and each product is numbered all the 1's in column 1 all the 2's
in
column 2 etc

Now I have 0 (Zeros) mixed throughout that mean a person doesnt have that
particular product, how can I import that data in ignoring all the fields
with zeros as a person might get product

1 2 0 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 0 0 0 14 0 0 0 0 19 0 0 22 23 24 25 26 0 28 29 30 31
32 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 41

The data is in columns B to AP

After I figure this out I need to ad text before and after these numbers
when imported so that when I import 1 it will look like
"product 01 Pain Relief Topical"

Any help is appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

But you still have not told us how you want the information arranged in the
resulting document.

Unless you get pleasure out of creating 41 If...then...Else constructions, I
would recommend doing it some other way.