Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
shedragon713 shedragon713 is offline

Default unwanted pagebreak in a list merge

hi there,

I copied this code directly from the MSWord tutorial
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294686/) -- everything works except that
there's a pagebreak between each item. what am I doing wrong?

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶
" "" }{ SET Place1 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶
{ If { Place2 } { Place1 }"¶
{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶
¶
{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } { MERGEFIELD SALES }" "{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } {
MERGEFIELD SALES }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶

thanks for your help!

-- dum spiro spero
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You probably need to change the type of the merge to Directory (or
Catalog, depending on the version of Word). If it's Word 2000 or
earlier, use the first option in the Mail Merge Helper. If it's Word
XP(2002) or 2003, you can enable the mailmerge toolbar using
View-Toolbars and use the first button to change the type. If it's Word
2007, the option is in the Mailings tab.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

shedragon713 wrote:
hi there,

I copied this code directly from the MSWord tutorial
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294686/) -- everything works except that
there's a pagebreak between each item. what am I doing wrong?

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶
" "" }{ SET Place1 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶
{ If { Place2 } { Place1 }"¶
{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶
¶
{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } { MERGEFIELD SALES }" "{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } {
MERGEFIELD SALES }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶

thanks for your help!

-- dum spiro spero

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi shedragon713,

As Peter says, you can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for your merge (the terminolgy depends on the Word
version) - that's what the process in the MSKB article is based on. For more details, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory
Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod